Natural Perception is Tobias Meinhart’s debut album for ENJA Records (2015). After spending six years living and playing in New York City, the saxophonist has compiled a series of original compositions that he feels represent his personal exploration of the spiritual power of music.
“Relaxed and muscular with a gorgeous tone… he plays from his heart.”
– Elliott Simon, New York City Jazz Record
“A mix that glitters and sparkles like a diamond.”
– Thisisjazztoday / Birdistheworm
- Chord (Meinhart)
- Dark Eyes of Tomorrow (intro) (Meinhart)
- Dark Eyes of Tomorrow (Meinhart)
- The Effort (Meinhart)
- You’re My Everything (H. Warren)
- Effortless Mind (Meinhart)
- Throughout (B. Frisell)
- Native Speaker (Meinhart)
- Chorale (Vasquez)
Personnel: Tobias Meinhart – tenor & soprano saxophones, Ingrid Jensen – trumpet, effects, Yago Vazquez – piano, rhodes, Phil Donkin – bass, and Jesse Simpson – drums.